Friday, August 24, 2012

Recipe for a Good Day

I'm a worrier. It's just part of who I am. Stress is a well known companion, and comfortable like a dirty sneaker.

But it feels really good to take those shoes off at the end of the day, wiggle your toes, and be barefoot in bed!

So in warrior one style, I'm making a preemptive strike! Below is my recipe for a good day.


Make the bed • Its so inviting
Take a walk • I sit at a computer all day
Play with the pets • Unconditional love
Wash the dishes • They don't pile up if you do them daily
Be quiet • Meditation always centers my 1000mph brain

The list is very short to make it very easy. Of course, there are other things I would love to do every day... write in my journal, be creative, eat fruits and veggies, yoga. But that would quickly become overwhelming... and very, very long.

I've identified these five things as major stressors or relaxers in my life - specific to me! They might not work for you. But I certainly encourage you to make your own short list for happiness!
Come and snuggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment