My parents are willing to let me borrow their precious boat, Dragonfly. I call it FIREfly because it caught on fire the first time they sailed it (No worries, just electrical. It's not a bad omen or anything. Nah, not with the way we sailors are... no one ever calls us superstitious. *Insert eye roll here*)
So despite possible parental disapproval & endangering the life of myself and my husband (and anyone in our general water vicinity)... I am contemplating an attempt to glide serenely over the soothing waters once again.
• Point the nose into the wind (Reference nifty little arrow at the top of the mast.)
• Unfurl the sails!
• How do I get into the wind now?
• Attempt to sail (Better choose a rather calm day for this.)
- specifics: something about roped and a boom and tacking... shoot. See, kinda fuzzy here.
• Once husband is suitably seasick or skereed of potential drowning, point into the wind.
• Take down the sails.
• Motor on in.
Hummmm... Did I forget anything important? I'm pretty sure I did.
Guess I'll just hitch a ride with the 'rents and enjoy ignorance.
|My Sister, Mom and Dad|